Thursday, March 08, 2007

What Was The Question?

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I especially love natural fibers and I absolutely despise acrylics. There, I said it. My name is Kerry and I'm a yarn snob.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a great quilted circular needle holder that I store most of my Addi Turbos in. I say most because it is now overflowing. I need another soon but haven't found the right one yet. I like to store them in their original packaging so I need to find something that will allow me to do that. The rest of my circulars are in a three ring binder in sheet protectors. My straights are in a quilted needle roll and my dpns are in a fishing tackle box along with all of my stitch markers and other little doodads. My crochet hooks live in a zippered leather hook case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for a little more than 20 years now. My mother tried teaching me to knit and crochet when I was about 3. The crochet caught like wild fire but the knitting not so much. Years later I bought a video, Keeping You In Stitches, that I was finally able to learn from. I guess I would probably consider myself to be pushing advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope, sorry.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Anything fruity. I also like most tree scents too. Patchouli makes me sick to my stomach and most floral scents give me a headache.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Do I ever! I love Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs, Trees, and Hearts but don't care much for the cups. I also love the chocolate covered pretzels from our local candy maker. Yum. And thanks to Shelby, I'm totally addicted to Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate bars. :-)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet and do cross stitch although not much at all to speak of these days. I'd love to learn to spin but don't have room for a wheel and can't seem to convince my drop spindle I'm not an idiot.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love country music. Old, new, makes no difference. I've also recently become quite fond of Norah Jones. My computer does play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My absolute favorite color in the whole entire wide world is blue. Any and all shades. I also love pink, purple, black, and silver. There really aren't any colors that I can't stand though.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my hubby of 6 years, our 3 children (15 yo DS and 11 & 4 yo DDs), our 2 yo Shih Tzu, and our 2 yo cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I would love to wear mittens. In fact, I bought an awesome Fleece Artist mitten kit but haven't had time to get to them yet. They're calling my name all the while my freezing hands swear. I don't wear scarves, hats, or ponchos. I don't wear scarves simply because I don't have any. If I had one I would wear it. I don't wear hats because my hair is bad enough without adding hat head to its list of short comings. As for ponchos, I'm 4'11" and although I've been losing a great amount of weight I'm still not thin...nuff said.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks are my absolute favorite but I've never met a project I didn't like.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Lots of socks, my 3rd Trinity jacket, a sweater for the FIL, 3 sweaters for my youngest DD, and an afghan.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Addi Turbo circulars, hands down.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Can I plead the 5th on this???

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn, needles, and patterns.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

50 baby bootees to knit. I have an IK subscription that expires soon and I'm trying to decide if I want to renew or not. I do this every time my renewal date rolls around. I'm not sure why I struggle with it as much as I do because I know I'm going to end up renewing the damn thing in the end.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm ashamed to admit that I've still not tried Moebius.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Am I ever! My feet measure 9.25" long.

23. When is your birthday?

April 16th

There you have it folks. Everything you never wanted to know about me and more. LOL

No comments:

Blog Archive