Monday, September 03, 2007

Red Silver Splash

This is the Silver Splash pattern from Miss Bea's Colours.


While I like the look of the pattern I don't like the recommended gauge. I've also found a few mistakes in the pattern that would most definitely trip up a new knitter. This is the first pattern I've knit from the Miss Bea series and while there are several others I'd like to knit I'm not so sure I will now. We'll see how sour the taste is in my mouth when I'm done with this one. LOL

This is the coin toss (which we lost) from Saturday's football game (which we won). You can't really see Dan (he's number 74 again this year) but he's right in front of the referee.


Here are some action shots. If you look closely in the center of the pictures you'll see Dan. We smacked the Plattsburgh Hornets 46-0. Looks like the boys are off to the start of another great year.


Hope everyone had a great weekend and that everyone here is enjoying the long Labor Day weekend. We had a blast at the game Saturday (which was also my mother's birthday) and then we just chilled yesterday. Today we're off to finish up a little school shopping so the kiddos will be all set come the end of the week when school starts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like how your Red Silver Splash is coming along - what a beautiful pattern! Thanks also for sharing these amazing football pictures, they so made me want to see a game by myself too one day! Football isn't very popular here in Austria, they're all just soccer crazies here, but one day I will catch a game, that's for sure! ;)