Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Thoughts from a Slacker Blog Owner

I was reminded yesterday that I used to blog. So here I am blowing off the dust and starting up yet again.

Can I wish you all a happy, healthy, prosperous New Year? My feeling is that since it's still January and I've not blogged yet this year it's still legal.

I'm still knitting even though I've not been blogging. I have lots of pictures to post of past projects and I'm getting ready to begin a knit a long with the girls at Adirondack Yarns for the Great American Aran Afghan. Very psyched to be getting a little push on this one. I've been wanting to knit it for years and haven't. Accountability is a great motivator for me. Want to join in the fun?

I started working at school for an hour and a half each day back in September. I leaned over to cut meatloaf for a Kindergarten student last week and she told me I should cover my armpit. I was thankful I had shaved.

I have discovered Kindle for Droid. I'm exhausted from staying up all night reading. I've really missed it. So far I've read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I just downloaded The Girl who Played with Fire last night. If you've not jumped on the bandwagon for this series I highly suggest you do.

5 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Do you read the books on your cell phone or did you actually get a Kindle? (Jealous if so!) I need to read all my paper copy books before I get something that reads e-books. Mind you, my new Coby (Android) has e-book thing on it, I think. I have Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (I read it as a kid!) on it as well. I think it's the same thing now that I think about it! LOL

Welcome back to blogging. Please continue!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

katie360 said...

Nice to see you back. Thanks for the knitting lesson at Adirondack Yarns. I am ready to felt. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Always nice to find a post in your blog. I hope you plan to return soon this time. I've missed reading about your adventures. :)

Shelby said...

Hey! Welcome back!! I loved The Girl with... books. They were awesome, and I was so sad when they were over because I wanted to keep reading them. Enjoy the story!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Well, I'm a slacker blog READER, so we're even :-p
Nice to see you! (and the armpit thing made me choke on my herbal tea...lol). xo