Monday, August 13, 2007

Insanity Insured

He parallel parked. He three point turned. Not a point was deducted. He passed. I was so excited and proud. We stopped and had lunch. We came home. I put in a request to add him to our insurance. I'm still proud but I'm a lot less excited. How is it that one little man can raise your insurance by almost $15oo a year in a matter of minutes??? Holy. Shit.



So this is a little hat I whipped up. It's the Fiber Trends Ear Cozies pattern and I really like it. It calls for size 5 needles so I foolishly used them knowing that I would never make gauge. Guess what? I was right. It's too small for anyone here. I'm sending it off to a great girl who's collecting hats for people in her area. I also knit a yellow one with a larger needle to see how it would work up and it's the size it should be. I'll be sending that one in too. I'll be knitting several more of these for this winter. A couple for Dailaesse and a couple for Bran.

Tomorrow? How about a picture of My So Called Scarf I just finished up? You're gonna love it.

3 comments:

KnittyLynn said...

Holy shit batman.

The hat is adorable and will be much appreciated by someone, no doubt.

1500? *gulp* My daughters are only 7 and 3 at the moment..but hell...I'd better start saving for car insurance now!!

Shelby said...

Wow, that's a huge price difference!! Celia's never driving!!

Hats already?! It's still in the 90's here...I am dreaming of when it cools down. ;)

Anonymous said...

Car insurance for boys is always more! At least you won't have to take him everywhere he wants to go anymore. I 'spose that's worth something, but $1500?

90's? We're suppose to top out at 102 today!!! We've had excessive heat warnings everyday for the last two weeks.

I'm glad someone's knitting. I can't even think about picking up my needles when it's this hot.