1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers. Acrylic makes my teeth hurt but I've been known to use it for some of my kids knits when I know the item will be going to someone who might not be inclined to hand wash. I think anyone who willingly knits with fun fur or any other overdone novelty yarn should be forced to wear a patchwork poncho knit from them for the rest of their life. Sock yarns tend to be my favorites (Socks That Rock kicks ass!) but I also love wools (the newer superwash wools are awesome) in varying weights with the exception of bulky and worsted weight tends to be the heaviest I normally knit with. I also adore laceweight in solid and heathered shades.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a binder with all of my older and cheaper circulars. My Addi Turbo needles are in their own separate quilted case as are my straights. My crochet hooks are in a leather zippered case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for close to 20 years now. I taught myself by watching the "Keeping You In Stitches" video I bought at a department store. I'd say I'm probably close to advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have a list at The Loopy Ewe.
5. What's your favorite scent?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love Green & Black milk chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet and cross stitch but not nearly as much as I knit. I don't spin yet. I wanted to learn but my desire isn't as strong as I thought as I've not been able to stick with it.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love country and 80's rock.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is blue. I like most other colors with the exception of some browns.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my 3 amazing kids, ages 17, 13, and 5. My wonderful hubby and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary on November 25th. We have a Shih Tzu and cat who are both almost 4 and a 15 month old black lab.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I would wear mittens if I had them. I don't wear scarves or hats. I'm only 4' 11" so ponchos just look absolutely ridiculous on me but I also think they look absolutely ridiculous on most everybody.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks. Sweaters. Hats. Mittens. Afghans.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love circulars. My favorites used to be Addi Turbos but I've really taken a shine to the metal HiYa HiYa needles. When I knit with acrylic I much prefer wood.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
It's so old that I can't remember how old it is.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
My favorite holiday is Halloween. We celebrate Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn. Patterns. Needles.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm dying to get my hands on some Wollmeise. I have a subscription to Interweave Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. My foot measures 9.25" long.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I am and kerryknits is my ID.
- ► 2009 (23)
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ► 2006 (124)