Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh, Oh, Oh It's Magic

You know.

I had really hoped to have this second snowflake sweater to the armholes by last night but as you can clearly see, I didn't make it. In my defense, I have managed to get 2,697,318 loads of laundry done. I've done several more loads today and am now about ready to go pick the sweater back up. With any luck I'll get it to the armholes and compete the back today. Small goals. That's what I need.

Q: Knitterman asked if I would pick up and knit the sleeves downward or if I would knit them cuff-up and then set them in.

A: I would love to be able to pick up and knit downward but the stitches would then be upside down from those in the body of the sweater. Right? I'm thinking that since there are those damn little white stitches here and there that the direction of the knitting would make a difference. If I'm wrong PLEASE tell me now because I would love nothing more than to not have to set the sleeves in.

Q: Leslie says she's surprised to hear me talk about 2 short circs since I was the one who gave her her first 40" needle.

A: Would everyone please hum the tune to "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" as I respond?

I'd like to buy the world a needle, a 40" circular needle.
I'd like to buy the world a needle and teach it Magic Loop.
That's the song I sing.
Let the world knit today.

He he. ;-)

Leslie dear, I am still crazy, head over heels in love with Magic Loop. The needles I ordered are a US 3 and 7. One for the ribbing and one for the body of the sleeve. I went with the shorter needles instead of one long circ for ML because I'm knitting with acrylic and I just can't stand the way the acrylic grinds across metal needles like nails across a chalkboard. Since I've not found any wooden circulars with a cable that I feel are flexible enough for ML or with a smooth enough join, I resorted to 8" and 9" circs. Not my first choice by any means but it will beat having to knit them flat and seaming them after.

And speaking of flexible cables and smooth joins, be sure to tune in tomorrow when I review the new Kollage square circs.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Aha! That answers that question!

So, today's is -- you mean you don't have the Harmony wooden needles?

And I agree, I hate seaming :)

Anonymous said...

Love the blue one, so I know the red will be gorgeous too. :)