Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Be Still My Heart

I hope you all had a wonderfully romantic Valentine's Day! Bran and I had plans to do our usual Valentine's Day ritual...put the kids to bed at 8, melt some chocolate and dip some fresh fruit. But, it didn't work out. I didn't make it to the store to get the chocolate and fruit. Bran is now working until 6:30 every night. Dinner didn't get started as early as it should have so we didn't eat until 8:30. We didn't get the kids to bed until 10. See where I'm going with this? BUT, at around 3 yesterday afternoon I got a call from the florist asking for directions to our house. I wondered who in the world would be sending me flowers. Certainly not my husband. I knew that because on Sunday he bought me this. I waited and waited and waited some more. Finally the florist arrived with these. From my daddy, my mother and the kids. Daddy ordered them for me when he bought my mom's flowers. I really honestly can't remember the last time I got flowers. And I love these. Tulips and irises are my favorites.

The most awesome present I received yesterday though came from my Secret Pal. Can you say amazing??? This yarn is to die for. It is merino and ribbons and lace and it is INCREDIBLE!!! I think I'm going to use it to make a big cable scarf for me. I certainly can't use it for anyone else. This gorgeous stuff has to stay here where I can admire it forever. I also received 4 of the cutest little red sheep stitch markers I've ever seen. Can you see them there in the picture? I hope so. Aren't they adorable? Thank you, thank you, thank you Secret Pal!!! You really made my day!

I hope your day was equally as lovely!

3 comments:

Laura said...

belated happy valentine's day! wow - your dh is great spoiler! will you show us a closeup of the yarns with beads and sequins?
i am very excited about the mini-secret pal!

Anonymous said...

what a great bunch of presents you got!!!! you are truly loved, how nice!!!!!
meg

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week you had, with all those lovely surprises and goodies, including flowers no less! I can see lots of fun days in your future, using your new yearns and goodies.
Sandie