I've recopied this post from a couple weeks ago because I think it got missed. I had saved it as a draft ad instead of it showing up the day I published it, it showed up on the date I had actually written it and got lost between some older posts. Damn Blogger. I'm less impressed with them all the time. Maybe it's time for a new home? Anyway, here it is:
I've finally finished the squares for Northern Lights School. Here is the first square. It's number 21 from the Great American Afghan Book and I really like it. This is the one that I made for Families First too that I never took a picture of. I wish I had because the other yarn showed the pattern much better than this one. They were both worked in Worsted Lamb's Pride. This one was done in Persian Peacock while the first was done in Limeade. I took close up shots of the flower and bobble detail. I know it's a bad photo but there are lots of bobbly type things at the top of the stem that remind me of lavendar. Lots of texture in this square and it's so much fun to work. Oh, and it really is square despite the fact that it looks all wonky in the photo. It was sitting on a towel that was folded at the top and bottom. The second square is number 8 from the same book and it came out nicely. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the silly thing before my friend took it to drop at the LYS. I really must get over there with my camera.
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (103)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ▼ April (8)