Friday, December 29, 2006

Lucky Duck

Remember when I showed you pictures of the 2 gifts my secret pal sent me? Remember how I said I didn't know if I'd be able to wait until Christmas? Wanna know how it all ended?

We took my parents to our favorite steak house for dinner on Christmas Eve. We had reservations for 4pm so we could get in early, eat, and get home to see if maybe Santa had come. We had a wonderful meal and a great time. It was so relaxed and we all really enjoyed it. We arrived home to find that Santa had indeed delivered presents to our house while we were out of town for dinner so Mom and Dad hung out and we opened presents. I had spent the day cleaning so all we had to do at the end was pick up the boxes and paper. What a treat that was! The kids picked up all their toys and clothes and brought them to their rooms before bed so there was nothing left to do Christmas Day but relax. We got up late (10:30am) and went to my parents for breakfast. We hung out there for most of the day and had dinner with them as well. We decided to leave after dinner and go to Glens Falls to spend the night so we could get up early in the morning and take the kids shopping to spend the money my parents gave them.

We arrived at the hotel around 10pm and were given a room across from the pool which closed at 9pm. The greatest part was the front desk clerk told us we could use the pool as long as we weren't too loud. So we swam until almost midnight. All by ourselves. It rocked!!! The kids had so much fun and they were wiped from all the exercise they got so everyone slept really well. We got up in the morning and headed to the malls and toy stores. The baby spent all of her money in Claires buying jewelry and in Target buying more baby dolls and toys. She doesn't mess around. We went for an early dinner and then started out for home. On the way home I remembered that I had gifts waiting for me under the tree from my secret pal. I couldn't wait to get home.

I walked through the front door and found that one of my gifts (See's candies) had been attacked by Dixie. And Dixie had clearly won the battle. The box was shredded and EVERY PIECE of candy had been chewed. As I sit here typing this I wish I had taken the time to get a picture to share. I was so angry and heartbroken that all I could do was cry while Bran took Dixie out and cleaned up the mess. I told my pal that I was glad that Dixie had the poops the following day. Served her right. Beast. My pal said she was glad that Dixie hadn't gotten too sick from eating the chocolate. Honestly, I think Dixie has grown a high tolerance to chocolate. She eats it every chance she gets. And with 3 kids in the house she gets lots of chances.

Yes, she's very lucky she's so damn cute.

The other gift from my pal, a gorgeous hank of Schaeffer Anne, made it through the battle unscathed.


Thank you so much pal for your incredible generosity and kindness. You totally spoiled me rotten and I will be forever grateful and appreciative.

I also received an incredible package all the way from Australia from one of my secret pal participants. Viv included a 2007 calendar and diary, a great Australian knit/crochet magazine, a package of note cards, and a gorgeous card. I've always been amazed with the beauty of Australia and given the chance I'd visit in a heartbeat. Thank you so much Viv for sending me a slice of your amazing piece of the world!

And this is the yarn I bought last week. A hank of Schaeffer Anne (this one is for hubby, the gorgeous one from my pal is mine...all mine) and two hanks of Interlacements Tiny Toes. Yum.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Hope your new year's is as good as it was for Dixie!

Anonymous said...

Such kind words Kerry, you do such a great job as our SP9 hostess.