Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Manos Feels Good

I took advantage of the sale at Flying Fingers and bought 4 hanks of Manos. I want to do one of the Four Seasons throws so I decided when I saw these on sale at less than $8 a hank that I'd start collecting the colors I want for the throw. I still have 8 more to go. I'm not patient. Any bets on how soon the other 8 will find their way to my door?

I was able to make a quick trip to Adirondack Yarns tonight. I had to pick up another skein of the Lamb's Pride to finish the clogs I'm working. I'm going to have to find my notes from the others I've done in that size because I was almost positive that I only used 2 skeins for the soles and 1 for the uppers. I am either terribly mistaken or the yarn gods are screwing with me. Again. It happens. Right? I also brought home 2 40" size 0 Addi Turbos that Sue ordered for me. I love these needles.

So I'm having a problem trying to decide what to make for the newest baby that we'll be welcoming into the family in December. My cousins oldest daughter is expecting her first baby in December. He's a boy and will be named Ethan. I've already made a blanket. I want to do some hats, mittens and booties of course but I also want to do something really special. My cousin has been wonderful about saving things that belonged to the kids so I won't be making a christening gown. I had thought of making a Dale sweater but they are so time consuming and I'm already up to my ears in projects that I have deadlines for. Then I thought of designing a blanket that would have his name in the center. I've been pouring through books lately and I just can't seem to settle. Maybe I should finish some of the projects I have going first and let my mind clear a little. It is tax free week though and I'd love to buy the yarn now. Any ideas?

No comments: