Friday, September 02, 2005

Ambling Along

I started the Amble socks from the 6SoxKAL about a week ago. This is the progress I've made. Isn't that pathetic? I've had such a hard time with these socks. Mainly the cuffs for some reason. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I ripped them back 3 times before I finally got them going on track. Then, like an idiot, I decided to wait until I had completed 2" of 1x1 rib (NOT my favorite) and 1 repeat of the pattern to try the socks on for fit. Guess what? They didn't. I had my daughter try them on and they fit her great but...she didn't like them. Didn't like them??? How can you not love these socks? So I ripped them back AGAIN, added a few more stitches and started over. This time I didn't have any trouble with the ribbing. Thank goodness! So I've once again completed 2" of 1x1 rib and 1 complete pattern repeat. You're suppose to work 4 pattern repeats but I think I'll only do 2 or 3. I think 4 repeats will make the sock too long for my fat calves. And I sure won't be ripping the entire sock to make it fit.

I've made some progress on the clogs. I have one complete and the other almost finished. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. I've been busy with football practice in the morning, housework in the afternoon and one cranky toddler in the evening. It's taken me well over 2 hours for the past several nights to get Dailaesse to sleep. By the time she finally drifts off I'm so exhausted that I don't even bother getting back up. I've got to get her to go to sleep on her own. This task would be much easier if she slept in a crib and not with us. Yes, my kids are spoiled. But they're only little once and for such a short period of time that we don't mind them being spoiled.

No comments:

Blog Archive