Saturday, September 10, 2005

He Who Dies

Well we all made it through last night unscathed. Bran and I went to Lake Placid for the annual listener appreciation party that the local radio station has each year. You have to win tickets to the party in order to go by listening to the radio station and being the whatever-number caller or by answering a silly trivia question correctly. Bran has proven to be really good at this for the past 2 years in a row. Last year they gave away a spa and a custom built deck which we didn't win. But this year they gave away 2 brandy dandy new ATV's which we DIDN'T WIN. Bran made it all the way to the final round too. I was so disappointed. Of course as soon as he was out of the running I was ready to go home. We won 4 tickets so we invited 2 of our friends to go with us. They decided to stay and go listen to the band playing downstairs. Not I. I wanted out. Immediately.

I don't play well with others unless I can win. Actually, I don't even play well by myself unless I can win. You have no idea how many knit projects have been thrown in the garbage because I get frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a good visit to the frog pond every now and then. In fact, I find it quite humbling. But, I have my limit. And once I reach it everything goes in the can...yarn, needles, half-knit project...it's all game. Nothing is safe. Not even Addi Turbos. This is why Bran and I are no longer able to play Yahtzee together. After losing 3 games in a row one night I threw the game pad, dice, cup and everything else within reaching distance across the living room. And although I'll never admit it unless you have it on tape, I might have also engaged in some not so nice name calling. I know, I'm a poor sport. Thank God the kids were sleeping soundly when it happened. I try really hard to be a good role model for them. I tell them it's not whether you win or lose...blah, blah, blah. I just can't seem to heed my own advice. So I play what I can win. Anyone for Jeopardy?

No comments:

Blog Archive