Friday, September 23, 2005

F is for Fall and Fall is for Football

My little man had his first game yesterday. I'm not sure who won because they don't officially keep score until they start playing in high school. I'm sure Dan will tell me when he comes home tomorrow night. They did really well though. I love to watch him play. He takes it so seriously but he really loves it and it shows. The worst part? Not being able to run over after the game and give him hugs and kisses. I just want to squeeze him and gush all over him. This takes a lot of restraint on my part. But, I know that it's way not cool to do this to your children in public. I consider myself lucky that I'm permitted to speak to him in public. I very calmly told him in a low voice that I was very proud of him and that he played a great game. I also snuck in a whispered "I love you". He looked around to be sure no one was in earshot and whispered back "me too". I love my baby boy! Of course Dailaesse was allowed to give him all kinds of hugs and kisses. His face lights up when she snuggles with him. And it doesn't matter who's around to see or hear. He's a good boy.

Unfortunately, I have no knitting news to report today. I don't even bother to bring it to football anymore because I never work on it. I get way too caught up in watching the game. Plus, Dan isn't all that fond of my knitting in public when he's there. I mean what if his friends found out. Hello, my name is Kerry and I'm a closet knitter. I did call the woman that wanted the sweater reinvented but there was no answer. I left a message but haven't heard back from her. I'm very excited about this project now. Probably even more so now that I can't get in touch with her.

I sure hope we get some more comments and votes. The chirp of the crickets is deafening isn't it Leslie??? LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter doesn't want me knitting at her soccer games either. I also get caught up in the game so I haven't been taking my socks along lately. There are plenty of other opportunities to knit while waiting for appts. etc. Hope you don't hear those crickets too much more!

Leslie said...

gee, Kerry, I dunno' what to tell you. Those crickets sure are singing. It's 49.7 outside right now, I think this is our second morning below 50 this season. bummer. Anyhow, spinning doesn't interest me, so I guess my vote is socks again.

It's interesting, isn't it, that Dan will let the baby hug and kiss him but not his mom? I guess being a cute little tyke has some advantages. :)

Anonymous said...

I have noticed that lately it is quite all right for the big tough guys to show affection for younger siblings....and maybe the teenaged girls find that attractive too! My guy was okay with me giving him an "attaboy" after games and meets, but most of the team knew me, and I gave them "attaboys" too...

you wanted a theme for an exchange. Obviously fall is in the air, and football is in full swing, so how about fall colored items, mini football novelties, cloves and cinnamon and instant apple cider, turkey feathers.....

Anonymous said...

There is not a doubt in my mind that men do not understand this knitting thing. I went to my first stitches last week and I could tell that my husband thought that I had gone over the edge especially when i mentioned that i was planning on going next year to baltimore. I also met the Yarn Harlot and she was great and very funny and kind. cecilia

Blog Archive