Sunday, September 11, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Questionnaire

Wanna know the best thing about blogging? Getting to be a part of the Secret Pal exchange! I am so looking forward to this! So here, without further ado, is my questionnaire:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I definitely prefer to work with high quality and/or natural fibers BUT I do feel that acrylics have their place. Like kids clothes that will be washed alot. And charity items like hats and blankets when you can't guarantee that the person receiving the item isn't allergic or sensitive to wool. I do have acrylic in my stash but the majority of my yarns are natural fibers.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I don't spin...yet. I've been afraid to even go there because I don't have the room for a wheel. Which I know I would just HAVE to have if I took up spinning. When the addition on our home is complete in a couple of years I will probably dive in feet first.

I do crochet and have for many more years than I have been knitting. I learned when I was in kindergarten. Knitting is pretty much all I do lately though. Mostly because the patterns are endless and the items just as warm without all the bulk and stiffness.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Cigarette smoke, cats and dogs. Heavily flower scented items give me a headache.

4. How long have you been knitting?

About 15 years. I tried learning when I was younger and I had a really hard time with it. My mother isn't a very patient teacher and she knits extremely fast. Her teaching approach was for me to sit in front of her and try to figure out what she was doing while she knit a million stitches a minute. Not good.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not yet.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Cinnamon, vanilla or anything fruit scented.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Doesn't everyone??? LOL I'm especially fond of milk chocolate and caramel.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I like cross-stitch and I've also been wanting to start a quilt.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love country but I also like the hits from the 70's and 80's. And yes, my computer plays MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Blue...hands down. But I haven't met a color yet that's made me want to hurl.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married for the second time to a wonderfully supportive, caring, amazing man named Brandon. We have 3 children, Dan who is 14, Darcie who will be 10 in a month and Dailaesse who is 2 1/2. While Bran may not be father to Dan and Darcie he is Dad to them and I love him dearly for that. Whenever I see him with the kids I'm often reminded of a sign I saw once that read "Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a Dad." That is so true. We also have a short-haired cat named Mickey and a Shih-Tzu named Dixie.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I want to be Queen of the Forest. Really though...first, to have more children and to raise them all to be happy, well adjusted, productive adults. Then comes going back to college to get my CPA.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Lately, Opal, Koigu and Lorna's Laces. I also love Manos wool, just about anything Rowan, Mountain Colors and Fleece Artist for socks.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm not really crazy about the really bulky thick and thin yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, clogs, kids and baby itens of any kind, shawls, sweaters, mittens, gloves. I guess it's time to face facts...I really don't have a favorite.

17. What are you knitting right now?

A pair of clogs, the Amble socks from the 6SoxKAL, a zippered sweater for my father in law, 2 scarves and another pair of Chutes-N-Ladders socks.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I think they look cute on kids and maybe a handful of the worlds adult population...and that's it. Oh, and Martha Stewart isn't one of those handful.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular. Most of the time Addi Turbos. I also like Clover Bamboo.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Raise your right hand and repeat after me..."I promise to always be faithful to my Addi Turbo needles. If I must stray I promise to use bamboo."

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes, yes, yes!!!

22. How did you learn to knit?

I bought a video, 'Keeping You In Stitches'.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

6 years. And yes, I'm hanging my head in shame.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I don't really have one. I love my Shih-Tzu but I'm not Shih-Tzu crazy either. I do love those Earnhardt men though.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

You know, I think I like Halloween more than any other holiday. I know most people say they like Christmas best but I love to decorate the house all spooky and watch the kids faces when they come trick-or-treating. Plus, it's the only holiday that you get to give to SO many little ones. We always do cool stuff too like glow sticks and lighted mouth pieces with the candy. How much fun is that???

26. Is there anything that you collect?

My kids artwork, yarn, needles and patterns.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Interweave Knits

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Modular Knits, Scarves: A Knitters Dozen, Junior Knits, Easy Plus-Size Knits and 50 baby Bootees To Knit

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Some of the Fiddlesticks patterns. I eventually want the Inky-Dinky Spider Stole, the Romance Shawl and the Tina Shawl. I think the designs are just amazing and I'd love to have a complete set.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

My feet are 9 1/4" long. I'm only 4'11" so I really like my cuffs to be no longer than about 5"-6". My ankles are 9" and my calves are 11". I've yet to see a sock pattern that I didn't like but I do like my socks worked in wool. I can't stand acrylic on my feet.

Phew! Now if I can only figure out how to add a button to this blog I'll be all set. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Blog Archive