1. When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?
My mother tried to teach me when I was about 4 but I just couldn't get the hang of it. When I was around 17 I bought a video called Keeping You In Stitches and learned from there.
2. What was your very first completed object? Your most recent?
The first thing I ever knit was a beautiful yoke neck cardigan for my son. I loved it. It was white with navy and turquoise in the yoke. I wish I knew where it was today. My most recent completed object is a sock for my hubby.
3. What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?
First thing sent to the frog pond was a sock. It visited the pond several times and never made it out alive. Most recent was a shawl that I've still not completed.
4. What is currently on the needles for you?
Lots and lots of socks and about a half dozen sweaters.
5. What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated?
My favorite needles are Addi Turbos. I love them more than any needle I've ever tried and I use them almost exclusively. I tried some old plastic needles when I first started knitting and I hated them.
6. Have you knit dishcloths before?
Tons! I love knitting and using discloths.
7. What was your favorite one?
The Garterlac Dishcloth by Criminy Jickets.
8. Least favorite?
I can't say that I have a least favorite. I've enjoyed all the patterns I've used.
9. Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?
Both. We use nothing but handknit dishcloths and I gift them often. I have some cotton chenille that I still need to knit into facecloths. I think I will be knitting them for the bathroom once the remodel is finished.
10. What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)
I love fruity scents. Flower scents tend to give me a headache when worn on my body.
11. What are your favorite colors?
Blue is my most favorite color but I also love pink, purple, green, black, and silver. There really aren't any colors that I don't like though.
12. What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?
White, blue, and green in the bathroom. The kitchen isn't really decorated as it will be the next room up for remodel. I think it will be hunter green when finished though.
13. What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?
I like to crochet and do cross stitch although I've not done either in a very long time.
14. Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?
15. Do you like salty treats? What kinds?
I love chocolate covered pretzels.
16. If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?
NYC for the biggest stash enhancement shopping trip of all time.
17. Do you have any allergies?
Cigarette smoke and pet dander.
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (103)
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2006 (124)