Saturday, May 13, 2006

What A Heel

Did I tell you how much I love the short row garter stitch heel on the current 6SoxKAL? I like it so much that I think I might try using it on the next pair of socks I do for Dailaesse. I love that you don't have to pick up the wraps and the fact that there are no holes just totally gets me. I'm in love.


This is the progress I've made on Bran's pair. I have to say that I really wasn't loving the way the cuff came out at first. I figured once I got the heel and toe finished I'd like it a lot more. I do. But, it looks so much nicer on his foot than it does sitting on the table. As soon as I'm done with the pair I'll post a pic of my hubby modeling them so you can see what I mean. He'll be thrilled to model them. He can't wait to get the pair. I thought he was going to cry when I asked for the first one back.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey, Kerry? Is this toe up or toe down? Either way, can you send me directions for the heel? I have never been able to figure out picking up the wraps and hate most of my short row heels except for the one called "Jody's heel" which I am using on my current pair. The problem with them, though, is you can't use reinforcing thread and I'm a bugger for reinforcing things...

Thanks a bunch - can't wait to see them modeled :)

Anonymous said...

Yo Kerry,
Could you send me the diretions for that short row heel too? I've tried doing them a couple different ways now, and I can't seem to avoid the holes no matter how careful I am. I prefer the short row look over the heel flap, and for me it fits better too. But those holes turn me off every time.

The socks look great! I'm glad Bran is thrilled with them too.

S

Blog Archive