1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers. My favorite yarns lately are Fleece Artist Merino for socks, Koigu KPPPM, Socks That Rock and anything that Maia or Susie create. I really don't like acrylic or anything that's scratchy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My Addi Turbos are in their own special circular storage case. The rest of my circulars are in sheet protectors inside a 3 ring binder. My crochet hooks are in their own special zippered hook case too.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting about 16 years. I would say I'm close to being advanced. Or at least would hope I am after all this time. LOL
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I generally like fruit scents but there's a new Yankee Candle Garden Mum scent that I'm dieing to get my hands on.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Don't we all??? LOL Some of my favorite sweet treats are peanut butter fudge and milk chocolate covered pretzels.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet and cross stitch although not very often at all anymore. I'm in the process of learning to spin. I'm not sure that I'll ever get the hang of it though.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love country.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue is my favorite color but there aren't any colors that I don't like.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married to my wonderful (2nd) husband for 5 1/2 years and we have the 3 (oldest 2 from my first marriage but he loves them like his own) most amazing children in the world. We also have a year old Shih-Tzu and cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not really. Especially not ponchos. I'm short and round and don't need to accentuate that fact.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks for my hubby and myself and 2 sweaters.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Definitely circular. I love my Addi Turbos.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother tried to teach me when I was younger but I had a really hard time learning with her. I bought a video (Keeping You In Stitches) when I was in my late teens and haven't stopped since.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Too old to mention.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, Addi Turbos and patterns.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Socks That Rock lightweight in a few different shades as well as some of the new Fleece Artist Merinos. I just renewed my Interweave Knits subscription.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Still wanting to try Moebius.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love to knit socks! My feet are 9.25" long.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (103)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ▼ May (13)