Friday, October 06, 2006

On This Day In 1995

I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. She was so tiny, only 6lbs 6oz, and was having a hard time breathing. She was born at 8:26 am and it was about 9 at night before she was brought into my room. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms. She was such a sweet little angel and I was head over heels in love with her.

Darcie is smart and funny. She is stubborn and moody. She is a blessing. Best of all, she is her own person and I love her so much for that. It still amazes me how you grow to love your children more and more each and every day.

Since this is the last year for birthday celebrations at school (she'll be in middle school next year and they don't do classroom celebrations) we went all out. I made 2 dozen birthday hats. They are sugar cones. You fill them with Goldfish crackers (or any other small treat) and then sit them atop a cookie. We spread marshmallow fluff on the tops of the cones after filling them with the Goldfish and then rolled them in sprinkles. After setting them upside down on the cookie I went around the outside with some colored frosting and then topped them off with some on the top. You can never have too much frosting when you're 11 you know. We also sent in punch and made goody bags for all her classmates. Now tonight we'll go to Applebee's (her favorite) for dinner and then shopping so she can pick something out for her birthday. She's looking forward to it.


Happy 11th birthday Darcie!!! I love you so very much and am looking forward to celebrating lots more birthdays together!

11 comments:

Heather said...

next week will be a similar day at our house. my baby girl will be 11 on the 14th. her sister will be 1 on the 18th.
when did my fatter than the thanksgiving turkey baby turn into a tall thin pre teen?
time goes by too fast!

Shelby said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Darcie! Sounds like you threw her the perfect birthday party at school! And Applebees and shopping sounds like the perfect day to me. I still look at my 2 and a half year old in amazement, I can't imagine her being 11!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday, Darcie!
Hope you have a good year!!

~bonnie & MyFavoriteKid (who is 9 and is woohooing in the background)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darcie!

Love the birthday hats. They look fun to make.

Yeah So said...

Oh boy 11! Becoming quite the young lady I am sure! The cones are adorable. Sounds like you are one great mom!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea for a birthday celebration! Never saw such a thing before, but they sure do look yummy. Happy Birthday Darcie!! I'm sure the entire class had a super time helping her celebrate!
S :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats with the girl, they grow up too fast sometimes.

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Darcie. May all your birthday wishes come true.

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to your daughter! And a great treat idea for the school celebration! Frosting is always good, more frosting is better!

Just letting you know your Knitters' Tea Swap package is hitting the mail tomorrow....I hope you got the little early surprise...

your secret KTS2 pal

Jody said...

Yeah for birthdays! Happy Birthday Darcie!

KK said...

Oh gosh, I sure enjoyed reading this story...just one of the SP9 participants!

Blog Archive