1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibers! My favorites as of late are Yarn Pirate, RubySapphire Yarns, Savvyminx Yarns, Lazy Perry Ranch, Fleece Artist Merino, Socks That Rock, and Koigu for socks. I have a serious Etsy problem (as you can see) and am totally in love with Perchance To Knit and Urban GypZ. I also love everything and anything Rowan, Debbie Bliss, Schaefer, and Manos. I hate to say it, but I absolutley loathe acrylic. I hate how it squeaks across the needles and I hate the way it feels in my hands. I never used to be a snob but after using natural fibers it's hard for me not to be.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a circular needle case that houses the majority of my Addi Turbos. The rest of my circulars are in a 3 ring binder inside plastic sleeves. My straights are in a quilted needle roll. My crochet hooks are in a great leather zippered case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 17 years. My mother tried teaching me when I was about 4 at the same time she taught me to crochet but I just couldn't get the hang of knitting no matter how hard I tried. I bought a video, Keeping You In Stitches, when I was 16 or 17 and learned from there. I would say I'm somewhere close to advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love fruit scents. I am addicted to Yankee Candle. I just sniffed a Tea & Honey candle last night that I now wish I had bought. It was wonderful!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Of course I do. :-) Milk chocolate is my favorite.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet and cross stitch. I bought a drop spindle some months ago and have yet to get the hang of it. it's currently collecting dust in my pencil holder on top of my desk.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love country and yes, my computer plays MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is blue. Any and all shades. There really aren't any colors that I don't like though.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have the 3 most wonderful kiddos in the world aged 15, 11, and 3. I'll be married to my second husband for 6 years on November 25th. We have a Shih-Tzu and a cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves every so often and I love mittens. I never wear hats because they make me look like a dork. Ponchos are a big no-no when you're 4' 11".
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks are my current fave but I like knitting lots of other things too like hats, sweaters, shawls and dishcloths. I love the Fiber Trends felted clog pattern. The only thing I've not knit is a doily and I can't imagine that I wouldn't like to do it.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A sweater for my youngest daughter, socks for me, a shawl for my aunt, socks for the hubby, and a sweater for the FIL.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I much prefer knitting with my circular Addi Turbos. Although Bamboo certainly has it's place as well.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Really, really old. About 8 years old to be more precise.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Needles, patterns and yarn. Not necessarily in that order.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have about a dozen colors of Socks That Rock on my current wishlist. I can't wait until they open signups for their club next month. I'm definitely joining this year. I have a subscription to IK and have been thinking about subscribing to Vogue Knitting again.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've still not gotten around to trying moebius.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love knitting socks! My feet are 9.25" long.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (103)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ▼ October (11)