Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Beginning to the End

First...

Today ends Secret Pal 8. I've had such a wonderful time getting to know my pals and my participants. I'm SO looking forward to staying in touch with Stephanie. I can't wait to see baby pictures! As sad as I am to see this round end, I'm looking forward to Secret Pal 9. We've opened signups today over on the blog. Run quick and signup! It's going to be a blast!

Second...

I finished my first Scales Skin Sock this morning. I love everything about it. The pattern, the yarn, and the fit. I would have shown it to you on my foot but my legs are hairy.

I think this picture shows the detail better than any of the others I've posted. I've already cast on for the second and can't wait until the pair is finished so I can wear them.

Third...

I received my final package from Jennifer in the mail today. Her timing couldn't have been any more perfect. :-)


That's 2 balls of Sockotta, Twisted Citrus lotion and soap by Sunrise Soap Co, and a handmade dishcloth/washcloth and card. Since using the cotton yarn on the Scales Skin Sock I'm really looking forward to working with the Sockotta soon. I think I'll make matching socks for me and the girls. I'm off to shower now with my new soap. I'm so glad I was lazy today. Thanks so much Jennifer!

5 comments:

Yeah So said...

Yes, so sorry to see it end (no more awesome packages, but really, feel free to send more whenever you get the urge hee hee). It has been awesome getting to know you and I too look forward to continuing our new friendship.

Those socks are great! Where is the pattern from?

Anonymous said...

Lovely Sock! The colors are fabulous.

You tempt so with with SP9. . .

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Hi Kerry,
I am so glad to see you are hostessing again. You helped me more than you could ever know. See you in SP9!
=:8

Nic said...

but your legs are hairy haha... for some reason the public announcement on your blog of it made me laugh (and the socks look great too!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love your sock, the pattern rocks big time - and the colors are so beautiful! And what a great package you received - a day sure can't go wrong when it brings such goodies, can it? Happy Knitting!

Blog Archive