1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I never use to be but I have to admit that I have become quite a snob over the past several years. I like acrylic for afghans that will be gifted or donated and for stuff that needs to be washed a lot like baby stuff. I love working with natural fibers though and have much more of them in my stash than acrylics.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin but look forward to learning some day when I have more room to store more stash...and a wheel. :-) I do crochet but don't do as much of it since I learned to knit.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have one needle case for my Addi Turbos that is bulging at the seams. I also have a fabric roll for my straights, a fishing lure box for my dpns and the rest of my circulars are in a 3 ring binder in plastic sheet protectors. Sophisticated, no?
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
About 15 years and I'd say I'm somewhat advanced.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I don't. I should start one but chances are I probably won't.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Cinnamon, vanilla and anything fruity. Floral scents give me a huge headache.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Doesn't everyone? I love anything sweet. Too bad my hips don't too. Chocolate covered pretzels and Reese's Peanut Butter trees, eggs and pumpkins are my favorites.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like cross stitch but don't find time for it like I use to. I'd much rather be knitting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love country and yes, I can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like all colors but blue is my favorite.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married to my amazing husband for 5 years and we have 3 wonderful children. A 14 year old son and 2 daughters, ages 10 and almost 3. We have a cat and a Shih-Tzu who are both a year old.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
None of the above. :-)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Opal, Fleece Artist merino sock, Bearfoot, Koigu...noticing a theme here? LOL
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks and scarves.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, a shrug, 2 sweaters and a scarf.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I would be absolutely honored to receive something that someone took the time to make just for me.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars. More specifically Addi Turbos.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Nickel plated brass. :-)
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both. My hubby bought them for me after helping to wind one hank of wool.
22. How did you learn to knit?
I bought a video called "Keeping You In Stitches."
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
So old that I don't even remember. Actually, it's about 6 years old.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I really don't have one.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, patterns, needles, stitch markers.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None now. I had IK but I haven't been all that impressed with the patterns lately. I decided to cancel my subscription and buy them if I really like them.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
50 Baby Bootees to Knit
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to try a moebius.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Am I ever! My foot is 9.25" long. My ankles are 9" and my calves are 11". I like short cuffs...no more than 5-6".
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
- ► 2009 (23)
- ► 2008 (103)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ▼ 2006 (124)