Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's Not Easy Being Green

I know I've been really bad about posting lately but it truly has been like a 3 ring circus around here. We had to take our little Dixie Do Poo Poo to the vet on Friday morning to have her spayed. She had to be there by 8 am. The vet called at 10 am and said she was out of surgery and was starting to wake up. They said we could pick her up between 3 pm and 4 pm. This is what my husband brought home from the vet. This was taken on Sunday. She was still mad. Today she's finally back to her perky little self. She's chasing the cat again. Not humping. Just chasing. We're hoping that having her spayed took care of that little issue. I've got to bring her back in this afternoon to have the vet take a look at her skin. It's green. Seriously. Her skin and hair has a green tint to it. It's not as bad as it was on Friday but it's still there. I'm thinking it can't be anything too serious because she's feeling frisky again. But still. Green???

Today was Darcie's field trip to the House of History in Malone. I went with Dan when he was in 4th grade so this time was Brandon's turn. I found the trip very interesting. It's the oldest home in Malone, and I want to say Franklin County but I'm not positive about that, and everything has been preserved. Including the people who work there. Again, seriously. And as I said, I found it very interesting, but 4th graders? Not so much. Those old ladies really get their knickers in a bunch quite easily. Not sure why they insist on dragging 3 classes of 4th grade kids through something like that. They have questions and they want answers. They get excited when they see certain things. It's a small house. Very small. But I digress. Bran sent me a text message about a half hour ago and said they were about 10 minutes from home. They should be here soon. He said he thought it was great and had a nice time. But the kids? Not so much. When will the school officials learn?

Congrats to Teresa! I drew your name for yesterday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Dixie - those cones are so mean! She looks so much like my little dog, Brodie (1/2 ShihTzu, 1/2 Maltese). Is the green all over her skin or just the area where she had surgery? I hope she is back to normal again soon!

Anonymous said...

Draw my name already!
Seriously, I'm enjoying reading your blog every day.


Donna
knightdomino@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

poor dixie poo do do! she is so cute. green does not sound good. hope it is ok.

so, what cha knitting on?

adrienne in the bellybutton of california

Leslie said...

I hate to tell you this, Kerry, but Ms. PooPoo probably will be humping the cat again - it's a way to assert her dominance and has nothing to do with sexuality. I have had neutered male cats hump other neutered male cats - it has nothing to do with sex. It's power, pure and simple.

Anyhow, I'm excited about my present and am still fidgeting!! LOL But draw me anyhow, ok? I LOVE presents!

-Leslie

Teresa said...

Whooooo Hoooo. I was hoping to get picked.

Let us know why the dog is green....that's weird.

Lizardknits said...

I hope Dixie feels better. She looks like she feels miserable! Let us know why she's green - that's very strange.

Elizabeth H.

Nyxxie said...

Aww poor pup. Hope she is feeling all better really soon. Just had to do that to mine to but it was b/c the hussy got knocked up by a dog that was too big for her to have the pups! :>) The old house sounds like fun but no children. LOL

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!
Doesn't it just break your heart when they are sick?

Blog Archive