Friday, November 04, 2005

Busy Bee

It seems like we've been on the run all week long. Dan had his final football game Wednesday. He did an amazing job. I'm so proud of him and most importantly, he's very proud of himself. The high school coaches were there to watch and asked if he was planning to play next year because they want him. His coach told him he's a very strong player and suggested that he think about football camp this summer to work on his technique. Dan's very interested in camp but doesn't want to go unless one or more of the other players from his team will be going. I'm not sure how camp works. I don't know if they have to be referred for it or if anyone can go. I plan to talk to the coach next week to get all the particulars.

After the game we went to Malone (a 45 minute drive) to the KFC/Taco Bell for dinner. The kids love to go there. Dailaesse took a nap on the way so Dan and Darcie were able to watch one of their movies. That always makes them happy. We had a great dinner, considering it was fast food, and were home by 9:30.

Yesterday I went to see Sue. She had ordered some Addi Turbos for me again and they had arrived. When I got there I saw bags and boxes all over the store. I was so excited. New yarn! And lots of it. I got 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in solid shades of green and black. The green is such a beautiful shade. I also got a skein of Super Glitz in a beautiful blue colorway. The name is escaping me at the moment. I also got a hank of Fleece Artist Merino in a black and dark brown colorway. Very manly. I'm going to throw it in the air and let Dan and Bran fight over it. Dailaesse and I went to McDonald's for lunch and made it home just in time to pick Dan and Matt up from school.

I've been so tired with the change in weather. It doesn't help any that it's dark earlier at night either. I've had several nights in the past week that I've fallen to sleep putting the baby down. All this sleeping isn't getting much knitting done. I have managed to do a hat for Dailaesse and have started a set of matching mittens. I'm working with 1 strand of Opal Magic 1043 and 1 strand of Plymouth Galway 08 in case you're wondering. :-) I have one mitten finished with the exception of the thumb and am a little over halfway through the cuff for the second. She's very excited. She can't wait to wear them. I'm just glad that it has warmed up again so I have time to get them done. 5 or 10 minutes of knitting time here and there just isn't enough! I need to hire someone to clean my house. That would give me a lot more time to knit.

Tonight we're off to Plattsburgh for dinner and some grocery shopping. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Laura said...

LOL... hey Kerry, we have a humping siamese cat - male, but he does the same dominance thing you're describing with the other cats.
i've tried spraying Remus with water - works 1-2 days. then i've gotten the best response by praising the cat being humped...
have noticed the the dominator does this - plus a loud siamese cry- when he feels neglected. [siamese seem to want 100% attention!]

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,

I love the sound of that Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in green. That's my favorite color.

A while back I had bought Beryl in STR yarn from Toni (The Fold), and several other colors, but the Beryl was for me! Then one of the ladies from Germany wrote and asked if I'd like to do an exchange. I agreed and asked what yarn she wanted, and don't you know she chose the Beryl. That was back a year or so and I've just not been able to get more of it lately. But one of these days I'm going to, one way or another! LOL. Maybe that CTH supersock in the green would work too. I'll have to look for it on-line at some of the shops and see.

I could use a housekeeper too, so I could compute and knit to my hearts delight. Better yet, a cook would be even better! hahaha

Sandie
http://www.stash-n-stitch.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

congrats to your Dan - that's so great!
camp seems it'd be good for other reasons too... developing independence.

:L

Blog Archive