Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ch-Ch-Changes

Ok, so I didn't think this contest thing through as well as I should have. Adrienne pointed out that it would be more fun to do it a little differently. I agree. What I will do is draw 1 name on December 1st, 2 on December 2nd, 3 on December 3rd and so on until we get to December 12th when I will draw 12 names. I will then draw one final winner from all 78 for the grand prize on December 13th. Sounds like a lot more fun, no? This way I can still keep everyone on the edges of their seats. ;-)

And about the scarf exchange...

A lot of people have asked what type of yarn is ok to use. I say whatever you have is great. If you plan to use wool you should check with your partner when they are assigned to be sure they aren't allergic. I think the most important aspect of making something for someone else is the time, effort and love that goes into making it, not the material used. I would be just as thrilled with a scarf made with Red Heart as I would be with a scarf made from cashmere. Honest.

I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! I told you all how I planned a big dinner for just the 3 of us here at home right? Like usual, if something can go wrong here it will...and it did. I cooked the damn turkey for 4.5 hours. 1 hour longer than the package said to. Bran took it out of the oven to carve it while I mashed the potatoes. "I don't think the turkey is cooked yet," he says. What's my response? "You've got to be shitting me!!!" So the potatoes, stuffing, beans and rolls were all done but the turkey was still rare. We were starving. So we ate. I put the turkey back in the oven and cranked the heat to 400 degrees. An hour later the meat-o-meter said it was well done. We then ate turkey. After dinner I sent the carcass over to my mom. She has the patience to pick it clean. I don't. She called a little while later to tell me that the dark meat was still raw. What??? I hereby officially proclaim Thanksgiving 2005 "The Day the Turkey Refused to Die."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha..........too funny Kerry!!

My turkey, on the other hand, was done about an hour early. Probably because I roasted it without stuffing. So I put the stuffing in the oven (cassarole) and baked the stuffing and the turkey for 30 minutes. It didn't seem to hurt the turkey any, and we sat down to dinner just a bit earlier than I had planned.

Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner even if the bird was still flapping his wings! haha

Anonymous said...

hey kerry, shouldn't i get an automatic
entry for all 12 days for the idea?!!!

adrienne in the bellybutton of california
who thinks it never hurts to ask 8 P!!!

Leslie said...

You are one wiley woman - it's a great way of keeping us all in line! But I have a question (that's the story of my life sometimes).

If I log in at 0600 (6:00 a.m.) and the blog entry is from two days ago and I've already entered on that blog entry, may I enter again? I don't always get into blog reading at night (or always in the morning) and I don't want to loose a day of entering. In other words, will the entries be by submitted date and time (1 per day) or per blog entry???

Don't you just love people who make life complicated? :)

Mamaw said...

Kerry,
thats to funny .. poor turkey didnt want to give up did it . something to remember huh?
Toni

Blog Archive