Monday, June 19, 2006

Surgery SNAFU

I'm at the toe on the second sock for my dad. I've not done much knitting this weekend opting for trying to spend some extra time with my dad. He went in for sinus surgery on Friday. It was suppose to be routine out patient surgery but of course it wasn't. To make matters worse, he was 3 hours away. I began worrying when I hadn't heard from my mother by 5pm. I finally tracked her down at the hospital and she told me they had taken him in late and that he should be out any minute. I asked (actually I begged) her to call as soon as he came out. 8 pm rolled around and I still hadn't heard anything. I tracked her down yet again only to have her tell me he was in ICU and would be there for a little bit yet. ICU??? She said he started bleeding pretty badly and they couldn't get it to stop. He got scared and they couldn't get him to relax. I flipped out and said I was on my way out to see him. Then she tells me that I will just make things worse if I go. WTF??? I of course got the baby ready and we headed out. I made it about half way there when the phone rang. She told me visiting hours had ended and that I wouldn't be able to see him. She said he was awake and in a regular room and would be coming home in the morning. Bran started pitching a fit about us going all the way to Burlington and not even being able to see him. Then Dailaesse started crying because she wanted to go home. I was torn. I ended up turning around and coming home. I was furious with my mother for not letting me know what was going on and I was petrified that something would happen to my dad during the night. We got home around 11pm and I crashed hard. I only slept for a couple of hours and then was awake the rest of the night. Daddy called at 9:15 am and said they were on their way home. I've been kind of attached at the hip since he's come home. He seems to be doing fairly well. He went back to see the surgeon today and was told he can't go back to work for a month. He was originally only to be out for 5 days. He needs some extra time to heal. So I will be babying my Daddy for the next month while my mother is at work. Dan is looking forward to spending time with him. He will be a big help.

Tomorrow we have out meeting with the law guardian. I hope it goes better than it usually does. The woman is a waste of space. The last time the kids met with her they said all she did was roll her eyes and yawn. When I mentioned it to her after she called the kids liars. She's a raving bitch and it makes me furious to think that our tax dollars pay her for a job that she doesn't do. She's never once helped my kids although she had admitted several times that there is a serious problem at my ex's house and lots of issues. Piece of shit.

The pool's open though so if it's nice when we get home tomorrow afternoon you'll know where to find us.

1 comment:

Miss Priss Knits said...

How's scary not knowing if your father was ok or not. But least now he is safe at home healing and being taken care of by you. What a Great Daughter you are.

It's suppose to be pool season here but the rain gods have been winning lately.

Blog Archive