I stole this from Allison. If you fill it out leave me a link so I can read yours. I hope you're all off to the start of a great 2008!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Became the parent of a 16 year old.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember making any last year and if I did I obviously didn't keep them. My resolution this year is to blog more often.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nobody close to me but one of the moms at Pre-K had a baby around Halloween and she's absolutely beautiful.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I'm thinking no because no names are jumping out at me. My dad's brother died a couple months back but we weren't close so it doesn't really count. Right?
5. What countries did you visit? I didn't step foot out of the states. In fact, I barely stepped out of NY. I think we only made the trip to VT a couple times last year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More time with the kids. They're growing way too fast. (See question 1)
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 18th - Dan won the right to choose when/if he visits his father. August 13th - Dan took his road test and passed.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Parenting the 3 most amazing kids in the world.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to do anything about Darcie's visitation. It kills me that she's still being forced to go when the professionals who should be helping her admit she's being abused but won't do anything to stop it from happening.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? The blood clot.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The materials for Darcie's room remodel and Dan's table saw. :-)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All 3 of the kids. They're all doing amazing well so far in school. They're kind and considerate and I couldn't be more proud of them if I tried.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Brittany Spears and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone why.
14. Where did most of your money go? The kids.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Lots of things. The kids birthdays. Dan getting his license. Football. Track. Christmas Eve mass. (Dailaesse was an angel in the procession) Darcie's egg drop project. Darcie's bear project. I could do this all day because there were so many things to get really excited about.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Come All Ye Faithful
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? Sadder as there's lots of stupid crap going on with the ex. Thinner. Financially the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Cooking.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Arguing with Bran. ;-)
20. How did you spend Christmas? With the kids and it was perfect. We went to Christmas Eve mass and came home to find Santa had come while we were gone. The kids opened their presents and then spent the rest of the night playing. Christmas Day we had breakfast and dinner with my parents and played some more. Doesn't get any better than that.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Every day I fall more and more in love with the kids and Bran. They are amazing.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope. I have a very short list and thankfully wasn't forced to add to it this year.
24. What was the best book you read? Public Secrets by Nora Roberts. Besides knitting books this was the only one I read last year. Must make time to do more reading this year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Feist
26. What did you want and get? A new bed.
27. What did you want and not get? A new baby.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Shrek the Third. Yeah, I need to get out more.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I have no idea what I did on my birthday but I do remember that I turned 35. LOL
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to make Darcie feel safe and secure and happy.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Fashion concept huh? I don't know that you can call jeans, shorts, and tees with the occasional pair of sweats thrown in a fashion concept.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hillary Clinton.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The war. It's really time for it to end.
35. Who did you miss? My Grandma Finlayson. She passed away several years ago and I still miss her so much that it hurts. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Bev Galeskas. Amazing woman!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Don't trust that the people put in place by our government to help you will actually do the job their paid to do.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "It's a great day to be alive I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes. There's some hard times in the neigborhood but why can't every day be just this good?"
- ► 2009 (23)
- Should They Stay
- K, My Name is Kerry
- Happy, Happy Birthday Baby!
- Part 2
- Part 1
- Oh My! You're HUGE!
- Copy Cat
- Mail Call
- I'm All Heart
- Good Sports
- Clog Dancing
- I Want To Love Him and Pet Him and Call Him Baldy
- In My Room
- His and Hers
- Send Sweaters
- Right Hand Mitt
- Just Call Me Angel
- Butterflies & Bumble Bees
- If Everyone Else Jumped Off A Bridge
- Christmas in January
- My Box
- It's a Mystery to Me
- New Pets
- Energize Me
- Sleep Sucks
- Lazy Day
- Raining Reindeer
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2007 (67)
- ► 2006 (124)