Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Want To Love Him and Pet Him and Call Him Baldy

Several weeks ago my mother called all excited. She asked if Brandon could see the HUGE bird that was out back in the tree. We looked and looked and saw nothing. I went back to the living room and a minute later Bran hollered that it was moving. I ran out to see what the fuss was about. There was definitely a bird in the tree out back. And it was definitely big. My mother insisted she and my father thought it was a bald eagle. I didn't agree. I thought it was an owl. Brandon got the binoculars out.



As Duder says, "HA, I was right!"

The strangest thing about this (other than the fact that 3 grown adults mistook an owl for a bald eagle) is that in all the years I've lived here I've not once seen an owl. I can't even remember hearing an owl. This was definitely a treat to see.

We've affectionately named him Baldy. You know, just so my parents and Bran don't feel so bad. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat! I don't think I've ever seen an owl up close like that either. The closest I came is disecting owl pellets in school (I LOVED that btw.)

KnittyLynn said...

Aren't brushes with wildlife like that cool? It makes you (at least me!) think about how many owls or whatever are there that I DON'T see!
Great picture!

Blog Archive