Friday, January 04, 2008

Sleep Sucks


I finished these up before I left to get Darcie from school yesterday. She put them on as soon as she got in the van and only took them off to eat dinner last night. She's requested more in other colors which I'll happily knit. As soon as I get a pair.

And I did cast on for Duder's reindeer sweater but only got 3 rows of ribbing worked before she woke back up last night. Around 7:45 last night she decided to start throwing things around the house so I decided it was time for bed. I brought her up, read the next chapter in her book, then told her it was time to go to sleep. She laid down and snuggled up with me and told me that sleeping was no fun and she didn't understand why I was making her do it. I explained how getting a good night sleep was important because it keeps us healthy and gives us energy. She pointed out that she's perfectly healthy and has plenty of energy and told me again that sleeping is just not any fun. I told her I was sorry she felt that way but she needed to do it anyway. 2 minutes later she was snoring and I headed back downstairs. I switched the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and putzed around online for a bit. Then I gathered up all my needles and yarn I would need for the sweater, threw it all in a bag, and plopped on the couch. I cast on and began working the much dreaded 1x1 rib. 3 rows in she started screaming. Bran went up and tried to console her but it didn't work. She NEEDED her mama. I went up and laid down with her to get her to go back to sleep and woke up at 7 this morning. The first thought that ran through my head was that sleeping really isn't that much fun. Especially when it cuts in to my knitting time. Maybe I'll get to have some fun tonight and will have a picture of a cute little green and red reindeer sweater worthy of posting.

2 comments:

velmalikevelvet said...

those 'r purdy, kerry!

hey, i got a question for ya: is 'duder' your man? i love that! i don't know why, but 'DH' drives my batshit! i always like to see better ways to refer to the peeps in our lives.

anyway, happy new year, velma

Hasbu said...

Pretty! Fetching is a great pattern, isn't it?

Blog Archive